Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X all of a sudden can't detect input from M-Audio Mobile Pre

I was recording guitars when I had to step away for a while. I closed the lid on my MBP and left. When I came back, all of a sudden, Logic can't detect any inputs coming from my USB interface. I have tried everything from rebooting, switching to the other input on my interface, updating drivers, but nothing seems to work. What's worse is whenever I start Logic with my interface plugged in, Logic gets stuck at Checking MIDI Drivers. If I unplug my interface, Logic would start fine, but if I plug my interface back, Logic won't detect it.

I am using the M-Audio's input while I am using the Built-In Output on the MBP (I don't have monitor speakers). It was working fine before.

I am using a Mid-2012 MBP 15" on OSX Mountain Lion and an M-Audio MobilePre MKII USB interface.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, 15" MBP, Core i7 2.3 GHz, 4GB RAM

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 10:34 AM

4 replies

Apr 13, 2014 10:49 AM in response to jet.penafuerte

In this exact order

1) Unplug MobilePre

2) Remove it's drivers using the uninstall routine that is in the Driver DMG image ...

Note: If you get a message about it cannot uninstall.. Restart your Mac and then try to uninstall again...

3) Restart your Mac after you have uninstalled the drivers..

4) Reinstall latest drivers......

5) Restart Mac..

6) Wait until Mac has restarted and then plug in MobilePre...

It should then be correctly recognized and work....

Apr 13, 2014 11:19 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Thanks for replying!

I followed your instructions, but the problem still remains. I am able to record guitars if I choose the MobilePre as BOTH input and output. I am not able to hear it however because I don't have line outputs > monitor speakers.I know that it is working because I am able to track guitars and can see the waveform.

However, If I switch my output to the Built-In Output (so I can use my PC speakers plugged into my Mac's headphone jack), then all of a sudden, Logic can't detect any signal coming from the MobilePre. I click on R and I but there is absolutely no signal coming into Logic.

Logic Pro X all of a sudden can't detect input from M-Audio Mobile Pre

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.