Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Express: Mac will not recognize since network interruption

Hi,

We recently had our Airport network interrupted by xfinitiy wifi hotspot in our area.

Since then, I have been able to get our Airport Extreme and Internet to work, but Airport Utility will no longer recognize our Airport Express so that we can play iTunes throught the house.

Any advice?

Thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 10:37 AM

2 replies

Apr 18, 2014 7:26 PM in response to mario49

Thank you, mario49. I think I'm almost there. Got the IPv6 set to LInk-local only and I can see the Airport Express in my "About This Mac" wifi listing.

I just cannot get my Airport Utility to see the Airport Express. I tried to reset the AE by putting a paperclip in the rest while plugging it back into the power source, but it does not flash. I believe that I have the most recent firmware installed.

Just FYI, I did get the AE to work last week, but only if I bypassed my Airport Extreme and therefore was not connected to the Internet..

Airport Express: Mac will not recognize since network interruption

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.