Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my Power Mac G5's Hardware Causing Problems?

My Power Mac G5's specifications can be viewed here, since the panic attacks are extremely long.

I have recently had the following problems:

1. Mac showed a blank screen ( this lasted a day, connecting to the second port on the Mac fixed it ).

2. My Mac has at least 30 damaged SUID files says were damaged and will not be repaired.

3. No versions of Flash Player will install, even on different user accounts.

Is any hardware in my Power Mac G5 damaged?

Mac OS X (10.5), The computer cannot upgrade

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 10:53 AM

25 replies

Apr 13, 2014 11:50 AM in response to BDAqua

1. I just changed ports to make sure. When I connected the cable to Port 1, it worked. When I connected the cable back into Port 2, the working port, it isn't working, and when I switch the cable back to Port 1, it isn't working. Then I disconnected everything, reconnected everything, then turned the computer back on. Now the port is working. Is there a problem with the ports?

2. That's great.

3. 10.1.102.64, 10.3.183.90, & 10.3.183.90

Apr 13, 2014 1:26 PM in response to Mac_Journal

1. I don't think so, I'm thinking it gets confused as to which port has the disply attached.

2. 🙂

3. Open Console in Applications>Utilities & see if there are any clues or repeating messages when trying to install... 10.1.102.64

The last really supported Flash for PPC was 10.1.102.64, but if it's for like Facebook or such, people have been fooling FB to think they have a later version installed.

Apr 13, 2014 3:02 PM in response to Mac_Journal

You might have to unistall the previous version or attempt, but first...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at bootup), run Disk Utility in Applications>Utilities, then highlight your drive, click on Repair Permissions, reboot when it completes.

(Safe boot may stay on the gray radian for a long time, let it go, it's trying to repair the Hard Drive & clear caches.)

PS. ASC has frequent problems, so likely that's it.

Apr 15, 2014 8:09 AM in response to BDAqua

I repaired all the permissions using safeboot and uninstalled all previous versions of Flash. I noticed that the mac has no set application to open .izma files. Is this why I can't install Flash?

I decided to switch my Power Mac G5's cable with the second cable from my Mac Pro. Which fixed the random blackouts. However, the issue didn't persist on the Mac Pro. Is this problem caused by the Power Mac G5 or the cable?

Is my Power Mac G5's Hardware Causing Problems?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.