Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages problem with iMessage and text of the same contact seperating

So when ever i seem to text someone with an iPhone and the message is sent as a text, if the they reply with iMessage i seem to have a separate contact for them on the message app. This has happened on all my contacts who seem to have iPhones too, does anyone know the solution to join both of these messages to the same contact together? as this is getting to be a struggle to keep up with the conversation when i keep having to go back to the different message (of the same contact) but have split due to one being imessage and the other just plain text

iPhone 4

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 11:40 AM

1 reply

Apr 13, 2014 11:59 AM in response to ImagineBeth

imaginebeth, not all ppl have set it up the iMessage feature they just turn off the option on their apple devices, i had few friends that i know they have iPhone iPad , iPod and they just do not use iMessage because they said are using the same apple ID in all their devices and the imessages drop in they message app, i know that happend but just some do not like use that feature, if u send a text to one of ur contacts that has iPhone and the message go in green color that is because they are not using iMessage feature or some are out range from cellphone towers signal sometimes happend with few of my contacts.

Messages problem with iMessage and text of the same contact seperating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.