Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my Yahoo email password on my iMac. Now I can't get email on my iPhone. I use the iPhone Mail app. Getting this message: "Cannot Get Mail...Connection to the server failed." Have heard that you must delete the Yahoo acct on the iPhone and create

I changed my Yahoo email password on my iMac. Now I can't get email on my iPhone. I use the iPhone Mail app. Getting this message: "Cannot Get Mail...Connection to the server failed." Have heard that you must delete the Yahoo acct on the iPhone and create a new one. Seems counter-intuitive & risky that saved emails etc will be lost. Can anyone please provide step-by-step instructions? Many thanks.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 1:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 11:40 PM

HI Eva I had the same prob and finally found the answer here...http://support.vodafone.com.au/articles/FAQ/Setting-up-your-Yahoo-email-account- on-your-iPhone-or-iPad

i had to create 'other account' rather than use the yahoo account on my iphone. It worked! Hope that helps you too 🙂

1 reply

I changed my Yahoo email password on my iMac. Now I can't get email on my iPhone. I use the iPhone Mail app. Getting this message: "Cannot Get Mail...Connection to the server failed." Have heard that you must delete the Yahoo acct on the iPhone and create

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.