Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I used 70% Isopropyl Alcohol on my iPod 5 to disinfect it. It already had a screen protector on it. If my screen is a little red in some areas, but not all the time, it my iPod damaged? Will there be long term problems??

I used 70% Isopropyl Alcohol on my iPod 5 to disinfect it. It already had a screen protector on it. If my screen is a little red in some areas, but not all the time, it my iPod damaged? Will there be long term problems??

I'm really scared, becasue my old ipod 4 screen turned white after I dropped it, and I always used alcohol on it but it was fine. I would use it almost every day!! I read online that this is really bad, but I never saw any signs that it was...

I really want my ipod 5 to last, and I don't want to damage it! Can someone please explain to me how to properly disinfect my ipod and if it will be permanently damaged???

iPod touch

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 2:33 PM

The white 4G screen was cause by dropping, not any alcohol.

Wih repeated use the alcohol might get into the screen and cuase problems like yo are seeing. With heat like using it, it may go away.

Just asking why do you have to frequently disinfect the iPod?

Use a case like:

http://www.padgadget.com/2012/02/22/new-invention-makes-ipads-and-iphones-waterp roof/

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2014 2:33 PM in response to Carrot1404

The white 4G screen was cause by dropping, not any alcohol.

Wih repeated use the alcohol might get into the screen and cuase problems like yo are seeing. With heat like using it, it may go away.

Just asking why do you have to frequently disinfect the iPod?

Use a case like:

http://www.padgadget.com/2012/02/22/new-invention-makes-ipads-and-iphones-waterp roof/

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.