Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4S is not charging either in wall or on computer (USB) - numerous chargers used - all chargers will charge other devices eg ipad

My iPhone 4S is not charging either in wall or on computer (USB) - numerous chargers used - all chargers will charge other devices eg ipad and other iPhone 4S

Phone was on 1% and then died - won't charge now at all -

I would have always charged it before it went completely dead

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 2:12 PM

1 reply

Apr 15, 2014 9:15 AM in response to Carrieg97

Hello Carrieg97,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information, take a look at:

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1476

If your battery doesn't charge, or if your device shows a low-battery image, black screen, or "accessory not supported" alert, follow these steps.

1. Inspect the connector at the bottom of the phone:
    • Make sure that there are no bent pins in the connector.
    • Make sure that the connector is free from debris.
    • If there are bent pins or debris, please contact Apple Support.
    • Otherwise, continue troubleshooting.
  2. Make sure that the outlet you're using works.
  3. Make sure that the Apple USB cable and Apple USB power adapter work.
  4. Plug the device in to power and let it charge for up to 30 minutes. If you don't have an Apple USB power adapter, try connecting to a computer's high-power USB 2.0 port (not a keyboard). The computer must be on.
  5. If the device still exhibits an issue, try turning your device off and then on again while connected to power.
  6. If the issue is persists, please contact Apple Support.

Have a nice day,

Mario

My iPhone 4S is not charging either in wall or on computer (USB) - numerous chargers used - all chargers will charge other devices eg ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.