Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't put my sister's music onto my iPod touch

I have a 3rd generation iPod touch, and my sister has a Nano. In the iTunes library on our computer (it's not a Mac), all of our music is in the Purchased playlist. However, I also have a "Purchased on MY iPod" playlist. That has all the music on my iPod. For some reason, iTunes won't let me take her music from the Purchased playist and put it onto my iPod's playlist. I don't know what's going on. There isn't even a sync button on iTunes, anymore, from what I can see. I don't know what to do because that means, if I can't get her music, she can't get mine, and I bought a lot of music for her on my iPod because hers was missing for a while and we just shared mine (sorry, that's not really relevent). If we can't sync, she doesn't get the songs that are technically hers.

iPod touch

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 2:54 PM

7 replies

Apr 13, 2014 3:05 PM in response to pleasedonotjudgemyemailfromhighschool

I suspect your problem is that iTunes is not authorized for both of your ID's. What you need to do is sign in, using YOUR ID, then go up to Store>Authorize this Computer. Then, sign your sister back in, go back up to Store, & make sure the computer is authorized for her ID. Once you do that, the two of you can freely share content.

I can't put my sister's music onto my iPod touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.