Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why are 4s's not working with new software and apple won't come good

I have a iphone 4s with the new update is making my phone slow and the wifi is not working. 200.00 to fix it. I have apple laptop, desktop, 4 iphones two 4s and two 5c's and they will not fix what their update did to my phone. Any feed back to help resolve this would be appreciated. I put it in the freezer( an online solution), restarted it to factory settings, reset my wifi and nothing everyone one says there are many 4s's that are doing this since the new software. Sounds like they just want you to buy new phones and my contract is not up for one year with my provider, I am very frustrated and disappointed.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 7:49 PM

14 replies

Apr 13, 2014 8:12 PM in response to burkey7669

I have been sitting here reading and reading all these unhappy people with the same problem this is so aweful. As all the crap that happens in the world around us and this is the stuff we have to deal with on top of everything else, shame on apple. A multibillion dollar company and that's how you take care of customers with no reply or help. wow

Apr 14, 2014 3:46 AM in response to burkey7669

burkey7669 wrote:

I put it in the freezer( an online solution),

No intelligetent person puts electronics in the freezer.

Basic troubleshooting from the User's Guide is reset, restart, restore (first from backup then as new). If none of this resolves, then the device should be taken to Apple for evaluation.

If Apple determines the device has suffered a hardware failure, they will either replace under warranty (if under warranty) or offer an Out of Warranty replacement.

So what exactly is the problem? They offered an Out of Warranty replacement for the defective device.

Apr 14, 2014 4:49 AM in response to diesel vdub

wow aren't you so intellegent I did all of those and it didn't work they want 200.00 as I mentioned. I went to apple forum and that 's what people are resorting to freezer,dryers, resetting gee wish everyone was intellegent and have all the right answers as you. I did all those things Diesel didn't work. So what exactly is your problem? Nice reply Does apple pay you to be ignorant and rude.

Apr 16, 2014 5:20 AM in response to diesel vdub

No one should pay for a company's mistakes. If apples's upgrade burned the wifi chip then it should be apple who should offer replacements phones, either inside warrenty or not. thats the discussion here, if you dont have the same issue and have nothing possitive to add to resolve it then you should not be here.

as I can see on different forums thousands of people have the same issue and its a shame on Apple who can not face the reality and pay out to their customers who are leaving the company as the result, like me.

Apr 16, 2014 5:32 AM in response to Gunners-london

Thanks for your input Gunners I was in the process of talking to apple and we were cut off.The lady was very kind but they were not going to fix it for free of course. Good luck everyone with this problem sorry its happening to you too. I just give up on this phone. Wish I had good news to help people sorry. signing off and good bye.

Message was edited by: burkey7669

Apr 16, 2014 6:26 AM in response to Gunners-london

If the Wi-Fi chip was "burned" by the upgrade, it would affect all users, not just the small fraction of a percentage of users. Any logical person that takes a few minutes to search these forums would see that similar issues have been reported on various iPhone models after multiple iOS upgrades (iOS 4, 5, 6, and 7). The issue is not iOS.

The issue is simply that the hardware is marginal on that device and restoring iOS on the device is very stressful on hardware. Simply restoring to the same iOS version that was already installed would have caused the same issue.

The device is out of warranty, deal with it.

why are 4s's not working with new software and apple won't come good

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.