Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect my iPhone to iTunes due to forgotten password

I recently changed my passcode then forgot it.
I learnt that a way to fix this was to restore the iPhone, so I connected it to iTunes and started to back up my iPhone.
It said that it needed to update my iPhone first, so it did, and it backed it up.
When it was done and my iPhone had restarted, I went back to iTunes to wipe it so I could access my phone again.
The problem was: It asked me if I wanted this computer to access information on my phone. I thought this only happened the first time you connected your phone to your computer. This meant that I had to accept the message it prompted me with, but that meant I had to unlock my phone to see the message.

I could not restore (wipe) the phone without syncing it to iTunes, and I could not sync it because I did not have the ability to unlock my phone (you can only accept the message {to sync the phone} if you unlock it).
What do I do?!?!?

Please help,
-Bassel

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 8:51 PM

Nevermind, I solved this problem by going into something called recovery mode, which allowed me to restore my iPhone.

1 reply

Cannot connect my iPhone to iTunes due to forgotten password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.