Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shrink Photo for Mail Signature

I am trying to add a photo to mail. Any photo I use gets enlarged. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 9:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2016 1:21 PM

Hello, Thank you for posting this help...unfortunately I followed the instructions step by step for about 10 times =/ arr. and when I resize it it looses the dpi!!

I am trying to resize the pic of my logo to drop it into mail signature. Why is it doing this?? Help? see the screen shot is blurry 0_0

User uploaded file

5 replies

Apr 16, 2014 12:53 PM in response to coachflash

Hey there coachflash,

It sounds like you are using a photo in your email signature and rather than staying where you resized it in the mail preferences, it keeps going back to original size. I would change the size of the image with the Preview application, save it, and use the updated picture in your signature:

Preview 5.x: Resize an image

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5936

Change an image’s dimensions

1. Choose Tools > Adjust Size.
  2. Enter new values for width and height, or choose a common size from the “Fit into” pop-up menu.
    • To resize the image by a percentage, choose “percent” from the pop-up menu next to the Width and Height fields, and enter the percentage in those fields.
    • To ensure that the image keeps its original proportions, select “Scale proportionally.” If you change either the width or height, the other value changes to maintain the proportions. If you choose a size from the “Fit into” pop-up menu, the image’s width or height may be smaller than the chosen size to maintain the proportions.
    • To make the image’s dimensions smaller without losing any detail, deselect “Resample image” before changing the width or height.

To resize multiple images at the same time, display the images in the same window, select them in that window’s sidebar, and then choose Tools > Adjust Size.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

Shrink Photo for Mail Signature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.