Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i upgrade hardware for Macbook Pro Retina ME864LL/A (late -2013) ?

Hi all,

I've bought Macbook Pro Retina ME864LL/A with standard configuration (4GB RAM, 128SSD Hard drive). My question are:

1. Can i upgrade to 8GB (or 16GB) RAM?
  2. Can i add 2nd Hard Drive (SATA or SSD) to my laptop?

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS 9.2.x

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 10:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 10:09 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

1. No. The RAM is soldered to the logic board.
  2. No. There's no space inside to install a second hard drive. Instead, get an external drive and put some data in it.

The MacBook Pro with Retina display is probably the less customizable Mac. Because of this, you have to get the computer with the hardware you think you will need. If you bought your Mac less than 14 days ago, you can try returning it and getting one with 8 GB of memory.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2014 10:09 PM in response to macbookme864

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

1. No. The RAM is soldered to the logic board.
  2. No. There's no space inside to install a second hard drive. Instead, get an external drive and put some data in it.

The MacBook Pro with Retina display is probably the less customizable Mac. Because of this, you have to get the computer with the hardware you think you will need. If you bought your Mac less than 14 days ago, you can try returning it and getting one with 8 GB of memory.

Can i upgrade hardware for Macbook Pro Retina ME864LL/A (late -2013) ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.