Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sync id3 tags on an iPhone?

I'm trying to make some mp3 id3 tag changes on my iphone, but although it has been changed in itunes it doesn't change on the phone when I sync it. Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong? I have it set to manually manage music.

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 12:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 12:45 AM

Ok, I've managed to solve my problem. For anyone else who might have had the same issue, I had to delete the songs I wanted to change from the phone. It seems that itunes won't make changes to the files on the phone, so you have to remove them and then replace them. This should be made clear in the help files, which are next to useless.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2014 12:45 AM in response to Liberty 456

Ok, I've managed to solve my problem. For anyone else who might have had the same issue, I had to delete the songs I wanted to change from the phone. It seems that itunes won't make changes to the files on the phone, so you have to remove them and then replace them. This should be made clear in the help files, which are next to useless.

How to sync id3 tags on an iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.