Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari and firefox 'cannot find the server' for every other page that i navigate to, unless I turn Wifi off and on. How do I fix this?

Safari and firefox 'cannot find the server' for every other page that i navigate to, unless I turn Wifi off and on. Once i reconnect to the network, the page loads, but after loading a few more pages, the same thing happens all over again.

This happens each and every time, on different Wifi networks, in different locations. On the other hand, I don't ever encounter this problem when I tether my laptop to my mobile phone's 3g/2g network using Personal Hotspot. How do I fix this?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 12:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 12:39 AM

Try this DNS server ...

Open System Preferences > Network > Advanced > DNS

Click + and type:

Click + again and do the same.

Click OK.

Quit and relaunch both your browsers to test.

If that doesn't help, try here > iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

And here > Wi-Fi: How to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2014 12:39 AM in response to parulagg

Try this DNS server ...

Open System Preferences > Network > Advanced > DNS

Click + and type:

Click + again and do the same.

Click OK.

Quit and relaunch both your browsers to test.

If that doesn't help, try here > iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

And here > Wi-Fi: How to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity

Safari and firefox 'cannot find the server' for every other page that i navigate to, unless I turn Wifi off and on. How do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.