7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2014 6:56 AM by litete
litete Level 1 (0 points)

My Iphone 4s does not find any bluetooth devices after upgrading from ios6 to ios7.

I've tried reseting all configurations for network connections and all configurations in the phone without success.

What is the next step?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1
  • diesel vdub Level 7 (21,995 points)

Are the devices in pairing mode?

Are these devices that were paired with the iPhone previously?

• litete Level 1 (0 points)

The iPhone has previously been paired with the device. But neither the iPhone or the connecting device (car stereo) detect the other device after this upgrade. I have removed all previously paired devices from the car stereo and other iPhones detect the car stereo.

It's like the iPhone bluetooth doesn't start at all.

• FelipeV Level 5 (6,470 points)

Have you tried pairing it with other (never paired before but supported) devices? The other iPhones that pair, are they running iOS 7?

If so, and the phone does not pair, there **might** be a hardware problem with BT. Take it in to an Apple Store or authorized service center for evaluation.

The other iPhone was using ios7. But we didn't pair it but it detected the stereo. My doesn't. I have no other device with Bluetooth so unfortunately I haven't been able to test my iPhone with another device.

• diesel vdub Level 7 (21,995 points)

Is Bluetooth actually enabled?  Settings > Bluetooth > ON.

Yes, it is enable.

I've tried to disable and enable iy again and there is no difference.

I also asked my collegues to search bluetooth devices here at work and my iPhone does not discover any other devices or is dicovered by others. It's like the bluetooth isn't switched on. But in the top corner there is a small grey bluetooth sign.