Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

os x mavericks ping latency

hi;

i have a problem about ping latency on os x mavericks. my product is mbp retina 13 inch late 2012 and i have made 10 tests on each platform which are mavericks 10.9.2, win 7 64bit with bootcamp on same device and win 7 64 bit on another laptop (pc) production year is 2011. i have closed all the background and internet using applications on all platforms and used only the browsers. browsers have no extensions and add ons and latest versions... used same wifi modem which supports a/b/g/n... here are the results

each following 10 tests on flash based speedtest on same server:

osx safari : min: 14ms avr:16ms

osx chrome : min: 12 ms avr: 14ms

win 7 x64 (bootcamp) chrome :min: 10 ms avr: 11ms

win 7 x64 (pc) chrome : min: 9ms avr: 11ms

each following 10 tests on html 5 based speedtest on same server

osx safari : min 65ms avr:67ms

osx chrome : min 64 ms avr:66ms

win 7 x64 (bootcamp) chrome : min 62ms avr:63ms

win 7 x64 (pc) chrome : min 60ms avr:62ms

if there is no unknown problem or setting, if these are objective results i want to congratulate the bootcamp team and windows engineering team. i say nothing to os x team because they make their own software for their own hardware and here are the results...

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), also windows 7 with bootcamp

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 12:18 AM

2 replies

Apr 16, 2014 10:41 AM in response to Tlix

look my friend osx is apple's software and macbook pro is apple's hardware but when you compare the results another software (win7) makes better scores on same hardware.also win 7 has better score on another 1 year older hardware.... after lots of tests i saw that this ping difference is stable and permanent. isnt that a problem for apple and os x team????

os x mavericks ping latency

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.