Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos & Camera usage 672MB despite empty Camera Roll

Hi All,

I am having issues with my iPad4 (iOS 7.1). I deleted all my photos from the iPad to gain more free space. However even after deleting all photos from the iPad 'Photos & Camera' usage is still at 672 MB. Since I only have the 16GB iPad I would like to use that space 🙂

I have already checked iTunes/iPhoto. No application is syncing Photos to my iPad and the 'Photos' and 'Albums' section within the Photos app are both empty. I am kind of lost as to where these 672 MB are used.

The strange part is that in iCloud the Camera roll backup is only 742kb which seems to be correct since the Camera roll is empty. However I cannot find a way to get the 672MB shown under Usage back.

Does anyone know how I can get these 672 MB back?

Thank you very much in advance for you help!

iPad, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 13, 2014 11:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 12:12 AM

Using iExplorer I just found out that the problem originated by using Apples SD Card adapter and importing photos from my DSLR. Somehow files located in the /PhotoData/Metadata/DCIM/100IMPRT folder where not deleted when I deleted the photos off my iPad.

2 replies

Photos & Camera usage 672MB despite empty Camera Roll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.