Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad mini doesn't remember passwords any more

After this last security update my mini doesn't remember passwords of the accounts, it used to ask me if I want safari to remember.., but no any more

iPad, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 1:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 8:19 AM

Hello, Ganelini.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

This sounds like you may have Private Browsing enabled. The article below will show you how to disable this feature.

Safari is not asking to save account names and passwords, even though iCloud Keychain is turned on.

Devices using iOS 7.0.3 or later:

1. Go to Settings > Safari > Passwords & AutoFill, then turn on Names and Passwords.
  2. Return to your Home screen and open Safari. If Safari is black or dark instead of white or gray, Private Browsing is turned on. Safari doesn't save account names and passwords when Private Browsing is turned on. To turn off Private Browsing:
    • On iPad, tap the the plus + symbol in the upper-right corner of the Safari page, then tap Private in the lower-left corner.
    • On iPhone and iPod touch, tap in the lower-right corner of the Safari page, then tap Private in the lower-left corner.

Macs using OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later:

1. Choose Safari > Preferences, then click AutoFill.
  2. Select the “User names and passwords” checkbox.
  3. Open the Safari menu and make sure there's not a checkmark next to Private Browsing. Safari doesn't save account names and passwords when Private Browsing is turned on.

Safari isn't automatically filling in account names and passwords on some web sites.Devices using iOS 7.0.3 or later:

1. Go to Settings> Safari > Passwords & AutoFill and make sure that these two settings are turned on:
    • Names and Passwords
    • Always Allow
  2. Return to your Home screen and open Safari. If Safari is black or dark instead of white or gray, Private Browsing is turned on. Safari doesn't save account names and passwords when Private Browsing is turned on. To turn off Private Browsing:
    • On iPad, tap the the plus + symbol in the upper-right corner of the Safari page, then tap Private in the lower-left corner.
    • On iPhone and iPod touch, tap in the lower-right corner of the Safari page, then tap Private in the lower-left corner.

1. Choose to Safari > Preferences, then click Passwords.
  2. Make sure that that these two checkboxes are selected:
    • AutoFill user names and passwords.
    • Allow AutoFill even for websites that request passwords not be saved
  3. Open the Safari menu and make sure there's not a checkmark next to Private Browsing. Safari doesn't save account names and passwords when Private Browsing is turned on.

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Keychain

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4644

Cheers,

Jason H.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2014 8:19 AM in response to Ganelini

Hello, Ganelini.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

This sounds like you may have Private Browsing enabled. The article below will show you how to disable this feature.

Safari is not asking to save account names and passwords, even though iCloud Keychain is turned on.

Devices using iOS 7.0.3 or later:

1. Go to Settings > Safari > Passwords & AutoFill, then turn on Names and Passwords.

1. Choose Safari > Preferences, then click AutoFill.
  2. Select the “User names and passwords” checkbox.

Safari isn't automatically filling in account names and passwords on some web sites.Devices using iOS 7.0.3 or later:

1. Go to Settings> Safari > Passwords & AutoFill and make sure that these two settings are turned on:
    • Names and Passwords
    • Always Allow

1. Choose to Safari > Preferences, then click Passwords.
  2. Make sure that that these two checkboxes are selected:
    • AutoFill user names and passwords.
    • Allow AutoFill even for websites that request passwords not be saved

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Keychain

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4644

Cheers,

Jason H.

May 12, 2015 9:48 AM in response to Ganelini

Okay,

This my first "Fix-It Felix, Jr." post, so please bear with me.

After a healthy couple of hours trying to figure this thing out, I came across a solution by a user on MacRumors.com.

My problem: I had typed in the wrong password. So, it auto-filled the wrong password. I went to settings, and deleted the saved password and username. When I returned to fill in my info, Safari did not ask me if I wanted to save my username and password (hence, auto-fill). I deleted my cookies, history, etc. Puzzled and cross-eyed after the numerous searches and reading. I found a solution:

1. Delete the the Username and Password in 'settings=>safari=>passwords & autofill=>saved passwords'

Find the website, and delete the information.

2. Go back to Safari at the site's login. Fill in your username and password. BUT, DO NOT click 'enter' or 'go' or 'whatever'.

3. Click on the Refresh Button on the address bar (looks like a circling arrow).

PRESTO!!!

Good Luck!!!

Aug 9, 2016 11:05 PM in response to Ganelini

i think this problem is faced by most users using safari browser..

Make sure safari is not running in "private" mode. Open Safari, tap on the multiple tabs icon (should be furthest to right), and make sure private is not highlighted.

... Go to the passwords and auto fill option... (2nd line down in screen shot ) and select remember passwords and the auto fill option

User uploaded file

User uploaded fileLet me know if it works for you.

My iPad mini doesn't remember passwords any more

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.