Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone is possessed..by Siri.

I was listening to music on my iPhone 4s using the headphones that came with my moms iphone 5. Siri kept popping up and stopping the music or it pops up and then the music will start to fast forward. I then turned off Siri hoping this would fix the problem and now it just randomly pulls up voice control instead. It also disables the use of the mic that is on the headphones. I can't use it to turn the music up or down or pause it like I usually can with the mic piece. I tried restarting my phone and taking out the headphones and putting them back in, neither worked. Is there any quick fix? I really like these headphones and don't want to have to replace them.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 3:16 AM

1 reply

Apr 14, 2014 7:43 AM in response to Emyh

Back up and restore your software via iTunes. If the problem continues, restore as a NEW device. If this solves it, that means there is some corruption in your backup file, or maybe it's one of your apps causing the trouble. If the problem is still there, you should take it to the Genius Bar at an Apple Store for evaluation.

My phone is possessed..by Siri.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.