Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Redeeming Gift Card Ireland

I have an irish itunes gift card and my ipod is english and so is app store. Im currently on ireland on holiday can i redeem it normally and can i use the cash for ap store as it has itunes icon.

iPod touch, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 4:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 4:29 AM

You can only use the App store in the country you are located and you can only redeem a gift card in the country's store in which it was purchased.

- Change the app store to the Irish one.

If you have an outstanding balance in the account you have to contact iTunes to get rid of the old balance.

Contact iTunes

- Redeem the Irish gift card and make you purchases

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2014 4:29 AM in response to fleecy2000

You can only use the App store in the country you are located and you can only redeem a gift card in the country's store in which it was purchased.

- Change the app store to the Irish one.

If you have an outstanding balance in the account you have to contact iTunes to get rid of the old balance.

Contact iTunes

- Redeem the Irish gift card and make you purchases

Redeeming Gift Card Ireland

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.