Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reminders (Using Location)

I have an iPhone 5s, IOS 7.1.

In previous versions of IOS 7, using reminders based on location was not working for me. The reminder would not appear.

I think (going from memory), I had to turn on the Background App Refresh for reminders; however, Reminders is not an option in the Background App Refresh in 7.1. Maybe it was never listed as I am going from memory.

Does anyone know if Reminders was updated in IOS 7.1? I cannot locate it in the items changed, but not all items are always included.

Thank you.

Shawn

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 4:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 9:07 AM

Hi srmsrm,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

The article below explains how to use location based Reminders. The Background App Refresh and Reminders must be turned on for this feature to work.

iOS: Using Reminders

https://support.apple.com/kb/HT4970

Use location-based Reminders

To use location-based Reminders, you must turn on Location Services and Background App Refresh for Reminders. Location Services alerts you when you leave or arrive at a specific location. If you force Reminders to quit, you may not get these alerts.

To turn on the settings for location-based Reminders, follow these steps:

1. Tap Settings > General > Background App Refresh and turn on Background App Refresh and Reminders.
  2. Tap Settings > Privacy > Location Services and turn on Location Services and Reminders.

See these tips for location-based Reminders:

• To set a location, you can use a saved contact location or manually enter an address.
  • You can adjust the size of the location alert radius for a reminder.
  • Use a specific street address, if possible.
  • The location service icon will remain in the status bar until you mark the reminder as complete.
  • Location-based Reminders are available on iPhone 4 and later, iPad (4th generation Wi-Fi + Cellular), and iPad mini (Wi-Fi + Cellular).
    Note: Location reminders aren't supported by Exchange accounts.

Learn to troubleshoot issues with Reminders and iCloud.

Cheers,

- Judy

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2014 9:07 AM in response to srmsrm

Hi srmsrm,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

The article below explains how to use location based Reminders. The Background App Refresh and Reminders must be turned on for this feature to work.

iOS: Using Reminders

https://support.apple.com/kb/HT4970

Use location-based Reminders

To use location-based Reminders, you must turn on Location Services and Background App Refresh for Reminders. Location Services alerts you when you leave or arrive at a specific location. If you force Reminders to quit, you may not get these alerts.

To turn on the settings for location-based Reminders, follow these steps:

1. Tap Settings > General > Background App Refresh and turn on Background App Refresh and Reminders.
  2. Tap Settings > Privacy > Location Services and turn on Location Services and Reminders.

See these tips for location-based Reminders:

• To set a location, you can use a saved contact location or manually enter an address.
  • You can adjust the size of the location alert radius for a reminder.
  • Use a specific street address, if possible.
  • The location service icon will remain in the status bar until you mark the reminder as complete.
  • Location-based Reminders are available on iPhone 4 and later, iPad (4th generation Wi-Fi + Cellular), and iPad mini (Wi-Fi + Cellular).
    Note: Location reminders aren't supported by Exchange accounts.

Learn to troubleshoot issues with Reminders and iCloud.

Cheers,

- Judy

Apr 16, 2014 12:42 PM in response to judysings

Thank you very much.

I did have Background App Refresh turned on in earlier versions of 7.0, but the location reminders did not work. I had read others too had the same issue in IOS 7.

I did note in my intial comment the incorect location Background App Refresh. I do have it turned on.

Was this fixed in IOS 7.1?

Shawn

Reminders (Using Location)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.