Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Questions re: calibrating a Thunderbolt and calibration problems

Is it considered "Normal" or "Wide" gamut?

Is the backlight "White LED", "RGB LED" or something else?

During calibration it tells me to set the brightness to within 4% of target. I can't. One notch of brightness control on a thunderbolt is a huge difference. The closest I can get is about 10% of the target (on the low side), one more notch of brightness overshoots the target by about 30% (maybe more).

I am trying to calibrate with a spyder4 elite and the included software. Maybe I have just grown accoustomed to looking at a display that's too blue but it looks way to oragne/yellow/red to me (too warm) even though spyder says it's calibrated. The calibration they came up with is only good for sRGB and I don't remember an option to use Adobe RGB but that's where I'm workign most. The graph for Adobe RGB and NTSC looks terrible.

I wish I had screen shoted the graphs but unfortunately I didn't. The point is only the sRGB looked like a good match.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Retina (4th Logic Board)

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 5:22 AM

There are no replies.

Questions re: calibrating a Thunderbolt and calibration problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.