Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Concerns buying cellular Ipad air in US for use in Denmark

As the title states. Is it true, I need the GSM version? Are the iPads from Apple unlocked? Will I be forced to pay the American data subscription? It seems when I go to the order page there's no option to not start a data subscription. Thanks for any help.

iPad, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 5:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 5:44 AM

The iPads are all officially unlocked. You purchase whatever you want depending on what carrier you are using & if it will support LTE on the carrier of your choice. Read here:

https://www.apple.com/ipad/LTE/

8 replies

Apr 14, 2014 7:19 AM in response to wjosten

I see. I was confused by having to choose between carriers which seemed to imply I was also buying a data subscription (whether or not the iPad would be tied to that subscription). I don't really know which model "I'd like" besides it being the best one for use in my country, Denmark. I'm thinking LTE support isn't the only concern here, since when there's no LTE coverage the iPad will be reverting to 3G.

Are you saying, even factoring in 3G, that it simply doesn't matter chich carrier I choose when buying in the US?

Concerns buying cellular Ipad air in US for use in Denmark

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.