Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sophos found a trojan

I have Sophos Anti-Virus and today it deteced a trojan. I don't know what to do with it. It's currently in the Quarantine Manager. Sophos knows where it is.
Should I "clean from list" or "clean up threat"? I really don't know what I am doing, this is not my computer, I've borrowed from my school so I can't go to my schools computer support (due to spring break). Please help me!

The trojan name is Troj/PHPDoor-J if it helps.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 6:03 AM

9 replies

Apr 14, 2014 7:21 AM in response to saraaina

No, just forget about it. It might be that Sophos just cleaned it out, or the second scan didn't look where it was located. But you could leave it until he11 freezes over. Nothing will happen.

Oh, and please ignore the knee jerk response above to A-V in general, and Sophos in particular. I am running it on my 10.8.5 because Apple can be lackadaisical about getting out security patches (including its built-in A-V XProtect), sites can be hacked, and Macs are not immune to malware. It may slow things down just a bit, but that's the ony small inconvenience I've noticed. It it starts to cause any real trouble, then it can be easily uninstalled. I've been running it now for about 3 weeks and it has never caused a single problem, nor has it thrown any false positives.

Just don't think that it will make you bullet proof. It won't. You still have to be very prudent about your browsing and download habits.

Sophos found a trojan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.