Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture video missing red channel on playback

Aperture video missing red channel on playback. Also some pictures appear to have missing pixels.

Video played with Quicktime doesnt have the missing red channel.

When trying to playback video,in aperture, it plays with missing frames, missing pixels and the crashes entire computer. My computer is a Mac Pro desktop with 24 gb memory with 3.33 ghz 6-core processor running Version 10.9.2 and Aperture 3.5.1

Any suggestions on my problem?

thanks

Pat

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 6:56 AM

6 replies

Apr 14, 2014 6:22 PM in response to Patrick Walsh1

Never had anything before crash the whole system since OS8 or so.

Back up your system, without deleting older backups - just in case; that looks like a possible system trouble.

Also they some have been in Aperture for a while and they used to be OK.

Do the videos play in QuickTime Player or any other software, if you export or reveal the originals?

Can you play your videos, when signed into another user account?

Apr 17, 2014 7:57 AM in response to Patrick Walsh1

As far as from another user account my computer won't give me permission to open another user Aperture file

You could simply create a new Aperture library for testing in that account and import a few of your videos - transfer them on a thumbsdrive or in your public folder.

Testing from a different account this way will tell you, if the Aperture application is working at all, or if settings (preferences, presets, plug-ins, fonts, startup items) in your regular user account are problematic.

Aperture video missing red channel on playback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.