Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my full library not showing on new computer?

So I got a new computer recently. Uploaded iTunes and tried to sync it with my iPod touch. It only brought up about 150 songs where I have over 500 on my iPod. I checked my old computer, the whole library was there! All 3 devices are synced to the same account, and home sharing is switched on. But I can't see why it won't work! The only way I could sync iPod with new computer would be to lose all music and replace it with the music that's showing up on my new computer, potentially losing around 350 songs, not something I want!!

I want to know why my new computer won't pick up my entire iTunes library. It's frustrating as I can't even upload new music from CDs (I've currently got about 12 CDs in waiting now, it's not fair!)

Is this some weird security thing? Is there any way I can fix it?

Thanks in advance!🙂

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6, iTunes not working!

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 8:03 AM

1 reply

Apr 16, 2014 8:53 AM in response to happydays135

Hi happydays135,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you have installed iTunes on a new computer, and connected your iPod touch. Typically, at this point you're able to transfer iTunes purchases to the computer, or erase your iPod and sync with the new iTunes library. If you transferred purchases, this might be why only some music appeared on the new computer.

You can transfer all of your music to the new computer with a few more steps. If you're using Home Sharing, you may want to follow the steps in the "Home Sharing" section of this article:

iTunes: How to move your music to a new computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4527

For more information about transferring purchases, see this article:

iTunes Store: Transferring purchases from your iOS device or iPod to a computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1848

All the best,

Jeremy

Why is my full library not showing on new computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.