Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to locate finished video file after share has been completed?

Since the MAC upgrade about 4 - 6 weeks ago. My Final Cut Pro is giving me a hassle. I complete my projects as normal.

For whatever reason, I can share the file as normal and it goes through the cycle and shares successfully.

Problem is, my FINDER cannot locate the finished file it does. It sometimes locates it maybe 1/2 hour afterwards, sometimes right away and sometimes never.

I have grown extremely frustrated as I cannot publish my work to YouTube as I cannot locate the finished file.

The YouTube Share hasn't worked for me in a year or so... so sharing using YouTube isn't an option.

I am at my wits end trying to find the finished files... I need some guidance.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 7:43 AM

3 replies

Apr 14, 2014 8:05 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I'm using 10.1.1 for FCP.

Interestlingly... I had saved the file 6 times between yesterday 12 noon and this morning... Nothing has been popping up in the finder... until 5 minutes ago where all of the files I had been saving just popped up.

I'm starting to think there is a problem within the finder of the search within the new update of the Mavericks OS that was applied 6 weeks ago. Seems the finder may be delayed in getting indexed. I'm not sure.

I will check into compressor. I just bought it to give it a test run.

Unable to locate finished video file after share has been completed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.