Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

network single mac mini to multipl independent users

How could multiple monitors/keyboard/mouse, for multiple users connect to a single Mac Mini, so that each user (monitor/keyboard/mouse) is running a separate Mac OS independent of the other users.

The multiple users would be be able to work independent of the others, using the same Mac Mini.

Note: I’m not asking how to connect multiple monitors to a single Mac Mini, but to network or virtualize so multiple users can run Mac OS off a single Mac Mini.

* Why would I want to do this? For example, if I was teaching a class on using a Mac or some Mac specific software, or teaching a class on iOS app development.

User uploaded file

Mac mini

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 8:25 AM

4 replies

Apr 16, 2014 5:37 AM in response to nelcatjar

This question has been asked by others.

OS X is a "unix flavored" OS. Other Unix flavored OS's such as "Solaris" have this virtualization capability. In Solaris it's called "zones". There are Solaris zone commands to create multiple virtual virtual machines under the same OS master umbrella.

This would be a good selling point for the Mac Mini if they had this feature. Otherwise, the Mac Mini really just seems like a laptop without the monitor.

network single mac mini to multipl independent users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.