Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WebGL enabling/updates for Mac pro?

Hi all,

In using Seene (3D photography app), i had the below notification:

Hmm. While your browser seems to support WebGL, it is disabled or unavailable. If possible, please ensure that you are running the latest drivers for your video card.

I am currently using a Macbook Pro (OSX 10.9.2) with intel graphics 4000 and Geforce GT 650M. Technically it should be able to run webGL, but somehow its disabled? Where can I find the settings to enable this? Going on the nvidia website I couldnt find a corresponding update for the Mac version of my graphics card.... Thank you for taking time to help!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 8:58 AM

3 replies

Apr 14, 2014 3:28 PM in response to Melophage

Hi Melophage,

I'm currently using Chrome which doesn't have the enable WebGL option. The strange thing is I bought my pro in 2012, with the dedicated graphics card (supposedly able to handle 3D) and all, whilst my friend who bought her macbook air (with only integrated graphics) recently, could use Chrome with WebGL enabled. Therefore my logical conclusion was that her new macbook had webGL automatically enabled whilst the other models have it disabled. Any clue?

Thanks for your help and time!

Apr 14, 2014 6:06 PM in response to godsdecree

godsdecree,

the instructions in my last reply apply only to Safari. I don’t use Chrome myself, but my understanding is that version 18 and above of Chrome should fully support WebGL, and that it should come with WebGL enabled. When you point Chrome to chrome://flags, does it say that WebGL is enabled, or that it’s disabled? When you point it to chrome://gpu, does it detect any problems with your GPU?

WebGL enabling/updates for Mac pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.