Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have just found Microsoft Silverlight on my Launchpad...

I have just looked at Launchpad and found Microsoft Silverlight and have no idea where it came from. Does anyone know how this might have happened and what I should do?

If I should delete it, how would I do that?

Thank you

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5), using a router (desktop and tablet)

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 9:01 AM

2 replies

Apr 14, 2014 9:38 AM in response to LowLuster

I got Netflix for Christmas and use it on my iPad mini, have never used it on my iMac. The last time I looked at Launchpad was when I did an update for Adobe on 4/2/14 and it wasn't there then.

I have Netflix version 5.2, wonder if I changed something in the settings on iPad and that may have done it.

If I have Vidio Playback Wi-Fi Only (I have wi-fi use only on mini) unchecked, would that do anything?

Sorry if I show my ignorance, but there you have it

Also, I was checking the www.microsoft.com on the Qualys SSL Labs Server test and it came up with a B grade,

and since I don't have a password for the Silverlight I didn't know if this was a concern.

Thanks for your time and any info on this.

I have just found Microsoft Silverlight on my Launchpad...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.