Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud not sharing photos from iPhone to my iPad

My iPhone photos are no longer sharing with my iPad.

I receive a message on my iPad there there is an SSL failure and the account cannot be verified.

I am long way from home and do not want to trial and error the problem.

Is someone able to tell me how to fix this, please?

Cheers

Footplate

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 8:50 AM

8 replies

Apr 16, 2014 10:35 PM in response to Footplate

Hi Footplate,

Deleting the iCloud account from your device does not delete the iCloud content from iCloud itself. If you have PhotoStream photos that have not been saved to your Camera Roll or imported to your computer, it would be advisable to save those photos first.

It is also prudent to do an iCloud backup of the devices before you delete the account from them "just in case".

Once you have done that, you can delete the iCloud account from each device, then sign it back in. Over Wifi, the iCloud content will be pushed back to the devices fairly quickly. Over cellular, it will take a bit of time. Either way, the content that will still be in iCloud will be pushed back to each of the devices. You should not lose anything. But the import/saving of the Photo Stream and the backups will guarantee that you will not.

Cheers,

GB

Apr 17, 2014 10:56 AM in response to Footplate

Well, you are not going to get the problem fixed until you delete the iCloud account and sign back on with it again. Your photos are the most important thing to protect. I have deleted and re-signed onto my iCloud account many times and have never lost anything except an "extended" photo stream from doing so.

On that occasion, my Photo Stream probably had about a year's worth of photos. Of course, I had imported everything to my PC because I have iPhoto set up to import and save my Photo Stream, so it wasn't an issue. However, when I signed back on, my Photo Stream was only out there for the past month. That is because iCloud only has the last month or last 1000 photos (whichever comes first).

But if you save your any Photo Stream photos you might be concerned about to your Camera Roll, then you can delete the iCloud account. If you are nervous about losing your Contacts, you can keep them on the phone. Then finish the deletion of the account and then sign back on.

Cheers,

GB

iCloud not sharing photos from iPhone to my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.