Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Avery Software

I am on a Mac - version 10.9.2 and my Avery Label software program no longer works on my Mac. I have tried Avery online program and they do not print correctly on their own Avery application. Specifically CD/DVD labels and file labels at this point. Yes I used the Averyon-line printer adjustments. I spent hours on the Avery site yesterday trying to print CD labels to no avail. I have an Epson Workforce 845 printer. We have a small business and there was never a problem with printing or designing with the original software on Mac. Plus I am not able to open any of my previous work from the Avery software. I am frustrated because I need the program to work properly regardless of it's location. I also spent quite a bit of time in Avery live chat yesterday.

Is there anything that is being done to resolve this issue. I sure hope this is not an issue of money between the two companies. Each company does have a captive audience I hope whatever this is resolved soon. I don't like saving personal information on the Avery site.

PLEASE HELP!

If you can't help then please pass this on to someone who can. I am sure there are many users out there that are not happy with either company as a result of this.-

I appreciate your time!!!

Marvine Lindberg

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Hoping for a miracle!!

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 9:41 AM

13 replies

Apr 14, 2014 10:39 AM in response to Kurt Lang

I have Word It is word 2008 v. 12.3.6 but the CD/DVD labels, 5697, 5931, or 8931 are not available in Word - we use the spine lables that come with them. I used those numbers on the Avery site and they don't line up for printing. There dosn't seem to be any label options in pages anymore either. Any suggestions?

Thanks for getting back to me!!!

Apr 14, 2014 12:23 PM in response to Kurt Lang

Thanks Kurt, That is what I used on their site and they don't Print correctly even with the printer adjustments they offer and some of the manual adjustments I tried. That is why I am writing to you. We submitted final copies of CDs and DVDs to a Public Speaking client we have and the labels were 'off' and there was white showing in areas around the eddges that shouldn't be there. I never had that problem when I had the ap on my Mac and I never had to adjust them. I did notice when I read some of the feed back on the problem before I wrote that there are other people experienceing the same things and they aren't happy. I spent hours on this yesterday so we coule get them to the client.

If it was just for houseld stuff that would be diferrent but these are going to cusomers. I really appreciate you trying to help. You and I both know with technology today there is no good reason for the Avery Program not to be updated, or at least be in process, to run on Mac. I have a hunch there is something going on behind the scenes between the two companies. I am not sure what to do. I also don't want my customer info stored on the Avery Website.

I appreciate your attempt to help.

Apr 14, 2014 12:39 PM in response to Marvinefromca

I've used a couple of their templates before. What I do to make them fit is print first put something in all of the place holders. Then print it on plain paper (assuming an 8.5" x 11" sheet). Hold your test print over the actual stickers up to a strong light and see how they line up. Move the entire template as necessary until a plain paper print lines up as it should, then print on the actual stickers.

Apr 15, 2014 7:12 AM in response to Kurt Lang

Hi Kurt - You wonderful person! Your assistance is amazing and greatly appreciated. I haven't had time to try your last suggestion yet - will get to it today.

In the meantime there are 2 label programs in the ap store that look interesting, Label Printer Pro 7 and Label and Addresses - would you recommend either one of those programs or another? I print quite a few labels of different types and adjusting labels everytime I print is very time consuming.

As always I appreciate your help!!!

Marvine

Apr 15, 2014 8:32 AM in response to Marvinefromca

Sorry, but I can't make any type of recommendation on other software titles as I've never tried them. We only occasionally prints labels, and the templates from Avery for MS Word is all we've ever needed, or used.

I was playing with the 5160 label template, and it's not as easy to adjust the position as it used to be. An older version of the template we have doesn't even show the spacing lines between the addresses in Office 2011.

I downloaded a new 5160 template, and that one does show the label positions, but they can't be moved without choosing "Convert Document", but at least you can do it. Using the mouse or keyboard to make small movements is pretty much impossible, but once you have all of the labels selected (Shift click on each one until you have them all marked), you can then use the positioning values at the top right (see below).

User uploaded file

Apr 15, 2014 9:58 AM in response to Marvinefromca

It's always up to the person who started the thread who to award Solved or Helpful points to. No one else can see those buttons. So award them as you see fit.

Just a "so's ya's know". You can award them to yourself, but you get no points for doing so. A necessity so users can't make thousands of posts just to raise their own ranking.

At times, a person does solve the issue themselves, in which case marking your own post of the correct answer is still the right thing to do since that answer then appears at the top with the original post so other users can easily see the solution. Especially if it becomes a long topic and could take a little while to find otherwise.

But I'm willing to keep at it in helping you come to a real solution. If I can figure it out, that is. But it is an open forum, so the answer you need could come from any other number of users.

Jul 11, 2014 12:41 PM in response to Marvinefromca

In this case, Apple can't really do anything. Avery is the only company who can fix issues for their software since only they have the source code. Apple (just like Microsoft) make new versions of the OS available ahead of release to all vendors so they can test their products and prepare updates or upgrades that work as expected when the new OS does come out. Sounds like Avery didn't.

Likewise, only Microsoft can do what is necessary to fix Office (Word, Excel, etc.). Though personally, I had no problem opening old label documents I have. The older Avery templates don't appear correctly (can't see or modify the label positions), but I can edit the text and print them.

Feb 16, 2016 10:06 PM in response to Marvinefromca

Using Avery software can be a problem.

I have been using Avery DesignPro for a very long time with good results, not perfect but good.

PROBLEM... finding Avery DesignPro is virtually impossible.

DesignPro works in my Nehalem Mac Pro from OSX 10.5 to 10.11.

Having said that...

An odd thing happened in Mavericks.

I can no longer open DesignPro files directly. (it will just crash and quit)

I CAN open DesignPro and open any file from within DesignPro.

Other than some long standing problems with "some" templates, DesignPro works quite well.

I have a copy DesignPro (freeware) but don't know how to share it.

Next topic.

I just began trying to use the newest replacement for DesignPro named DesignPrint. (also freeware)

My experience is very minimal at the moment but I do see something that is most likely important to your post.

DesignPrint launches Java (jre) that appears a "CommandBridge" when opening DesignPrint.

A white screen appears for roughly 15 seconds then DesignPrint launches.

It is running JAVA, make no mistake.

This "MAY" be important to you.

Every time you update OSX you can (and often do) lose your Java installation.

This affects many third party programs, Adobe Illustrator for example.

First step would be to try a reinstall of Java since my Avery software uses Java.

(search for Java for OS X 2015-001.dmg)

It is an Apple designed java for OSX.

There are MANY ways to print using free Avery templates.

Word, Pages, Numbers, Adobe apps, etc.

First step is to decide which application you wish to use.

I have used DesignPro, DesignPrint, Photoshop, Pages, Numbers, Word, Canvas, PrintLife, and a few others.

My most reliable (and easiest) has been DesignPro.... figures.... virtually impossible to find.

My experiences with DesignPrint have just begun, but I have seen an avalanche of complaints.

Avery Software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.