Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar on Mac Powerbook Pro with Mavericks not pushing events to iPhone via iCloud. I've followed all the troubleshooting suggestions and nothing works.

I input my events on the Calendar on my Mac after I upgraded to Mavericks. Created the iCloud account, followed all the troubleshooting instructions (turning off and on, checking accounts, etc.), but the calendar does not sync/push events to my iPhone 5. The only events that show up are birthdays from Facebook (go figure!). At my wit's end trying to figure out what's wrong because I really need to view my calendar on the phone for work.! Help?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 10:06 AM

23 replies

Apr 14, 2014 12:09 PM in response to wambliwakan

Have you tried completely singing out of your iCloud account, deleting the iCloud data, then singing back in? If not, go to System Preferences>iCloud, click Sign Out, choose Delete at all of the prompts (your data will still be in iCloud), restart your Mac, then go back and sign back in. Your iCloud data will download back to your Mac when you sign back in. Then check icloud.com to see if your Mac calendar appears there.

Apr 14, 2014 4:18 PM in response to wambliwakan

It only deletes iCloud calendars. If your calendar isn't in iCloud it won't be deleted. But if you're nervous about doing this, back them up first by selecting each calendar on the left sidebar of the Calendar app and going to File>Export>Export. This will create .ics files that can later be used to import your calendars back to your Mac, if necessary.

Apr 18, 2014 1:34 AM in response to randers4

Ok, first I want to thank you for taking the time to respond patiently to my questions, I really appreciate it! I've had a Mac for 2 1/2 years, an iPhone for 3 years, and an iPad for 6 months, and I still understand very little because nothing is intuitive for me and although I read everything I could find on the Apple site about Mavericks and the changes, etc., I had no idea that I had to go to icloud.com to enter all the calendar info. I thought my existing calendar on my Mac would automatically be transferred to iCloud and then synched via push to my iPhone. I've read the Help subjects on the iCloud calendar and all it talks about is new calendars. It seems to be saying that I have to start from scratch and re-enter every single event that I already have on my calendar in order to share it with my devices. This seems pretty ridiculous to me - please tell me its not true and there's a way to upload my existing calendar from my Mac to the iCloud! I'm a tour guide and already have dozens and dozens of very detailed appts on my calendar so if I have to recreate every single one on iCloud to share it with my phone, then I am sticking to a paper calendar because I don't have the time to waste. Do you have any good news for me? Thanks again for your time and patience!

Apr 18, 2014 9:00 AM in response to wambliwakan

You won't have to imput all your calendar events again. And you don't have to enter the events on icloud.com to have them sync with your devices. When it's working properly, you can enter the event on any of your devices/computers and it will automatically appear on the others. The calendar on icloud.com just gives you a way to view your calendar when you don't have access to your devices/computers, such as when you are traveling or using someone else's computer.

I had asked that you add an event on the calendar on your Mac and then go to the calendar on icloud.com to see it it appeared there. This was only to see if events added to your Mac were properly uploading to iCloud. Do you ever try this? If so, was the calendar event added to your Mac visible on icloud.com?

Apr 18, 2014 12:15 PM in response to wambliwakan

If you calendar is now syncing new events to iCloud, let's rebuild your iCloud calendar. Do the following:

1. Select each of your calendars on the left sidebar on your Mac and back them up as you did before, by going to File>Export>Export and saving the .ics files to your desktop.
  2. Delete each of your calendars on your Mac by control-clicking on them and selecting Delete. Go to icloud.com and confirm that your calendars are no longer there.
  3. Add a calendar back to your Mac by opening the calendar application and going to File>New Calendar>iCloud and giving it the name of one of your calendars. Repeat for each of the calendars you deleted. When you are done, you should have empty calendars for each of the calendars you delete earlier. Go to icloud.com to confirm these empty calendars appear there too.
  4. In the calendar application on your Mac go to File>Import>Import and navigate to one of the .ics files you saved earlier. When asked where to import it, click the drop-down list and select the empty iCloud version of the calendar you are importing, then Import. Wait until the spinning progress wheel stops at the top of the left sidebar. Repeat this for each of your other calendars.
  5. Check the calendars on your Mac and on icloud.com to confirm that all your calendar events appear now. They should also now appear on your phone. Then add another test event to the calendar on your Mac and confirm that it appears on icloud.com and your iPhone now. If so, everything is now working properly.

Calendar on Mac Powerbook Pro with Mavericks not pushing events to iPhone via iCloud. I've followed all the troubleshooting suggestions and nothing works.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.