Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Final Cut 10.1 fix the issue with relinking missing clips?

I have Final Cut 10.0 and it's really frustrating that it can't reload clips into a project that have been moved from their original location. We changed servers, so the old locations no longer exist, which makes most of my Final Cut projects useless.

Does version 10.1 allow relinking to media that has been moved? If not, then I see no reason to upgrade just to have the same problem. The other improvements aren't worth $299 to me without that flaw being fixed.

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 10:16 AM

3 replies

Apr 14, 2014 11:04 AM in response to Russ H

Gotcha. I thought it wasn't a free upgrade because the App store was showing me the $299 price instead of the upgrade button. But I logged out and logged back in and now it says it's an upgrade.

Although, I still don't know if it resolves that relinking issue because I won't be able to install it until I get my new Mac. It requires 10.9 and I can't install that on my Mac Pro.

If anybody can confirm whether or not that flaw was fixed, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Apr 14, 2014 1:21 PM in response to Ray Lopez

There was no relinking function in 10.0. There has been for some time. However, the currrent version, 10.1.1, uses a completely different media management architecture, and all projects and events from older versions need to be updated. I don't know how that will work updating projects and events that don't have media that's proeprly linked to them.

Does Final Cut 10.1 fix the issue with relinking missing clips?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.