Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't find my iphone in mac sidebar

hai,Im using macbook air and iphone 5c.I have a problem with this device.When i connect to my macbook air my iphone only appears in itunes but not in sidebar(FINDER).I really need to that cause i can't import any song as a ringtone.Please help me!!

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 10:13 AM

11 replies

Apr 14, 2014 11:11 AM in response to 1AND

The iPhone is not designed to show up in Finder -- i.e., it is normal that it does not show up there. You can use iTunes to create ringtones from songs and sync them to the iPhone. Following is the first link I found via an internet search on how to do that. There are other ways and there may be better links. http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/create-ringtones-from-your-itunes-library -and-add-them-to-your-iphone

Apr 14, 2014 11:47 AM in response to 1AND

Did you first convert the song from a song to a ringtone by shortening it to 30 seconds, create an AAC version, drag it to your desktop, change the file ending from .m4a to .m4r, and then drag the file back into your iTunes library? I may have missed a step in that, so double check that you followed the instructions in the link exactly.

can't find my iphone in mac sidebar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.