Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot edit anything in my Numbers file

Suddenly, I find myself with files that I cannot edit. I can click on the headings and footers and edit, but not the actual content. 3.2 numbers/Maverick.

I haven't been having any issue before now. What can I do to fix it.

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 10:13 AM

15 replies

Apr 14, 2014 12:20 PM in response to Wayne Contello

Okay... was about to check for the view only, when I don't have a clue what I hit, but it suddenly filled the screen and then I could actually make changes. I have no idea what I did...I was in the view tab and I must have hit the full screen option...but for some reason now it works. I haven't had to do that before. So, I am puzzled. Again many thanks Wayne!

Me thinks the problem is solved.

Jul 24, 2016 5:51 PM in response to KarenMF

I can add something to Karen's problem. I too had this issue - unable to edit a document I had created, except for the headers, and having a blue background around my tables in the document.

I used Karen's solution - go to full screen (no change) then hit the 'Esc' key. Presto, suddenly editable again.

It was only after this I realised I had saved the document in Print view mode. It opened in the same mode - hitting Full Screen didn't change anything, but 'Esc' cancelled the print view mode, and allowed the document to be edited!

Hope this helps someone else out there!

Stephen

Numbers version: 3.6.2 on El Capitan

Cannot edit anything in my Numbers file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.