Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Okay, well I spilled water on my MacBook Pro...

The Macbook can still turn on and off and loads just like usual. The only problem is that my keys do not respond or if they do, it is like a continuous press of a key which wont stop. The back lit lighting is still functional, yet not as illuminated like before. When it gets to the user start screen I cant type in my password to allow me to get to the main screen. I also can not access my files or anything like that which ***** because I am a student and I need to get files off of this computer before the semster ends. I am in serious trouble...

Is the only option buying a new one? If not, how much does it cost to repair? If I decide to do this on my own... how difficult is it?

Thanks for the help everyone.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 11:23 AM

1 reply

Apr 14, 2014 1:01 PM in response to AppleLife2

Very often when a MBP has been baptized the HDD is still functional. Take it out and put it in an enclosure. Attach it to another Mac and see if you can access the files.

At this point your best option is to bring the MBP to an Apple store genius bar for a FREE evaluation. You will be advised what the situation is and the probable repair costs. Then you will be in a position to make an informed decision.

Ciao.

Okay, well I spilled water on my MacBook Pro...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.