Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message someone is trying to copy your disk

A message showed up on my screen saying someone has tried to copy your disk but was denied access. The message disappeared. Is this event recorded or documented in the system information utility or elsewhere? My computer is buttoned up with firewall. But mail is hacked probably after I hit send. I stopped that with gpg by scrambling my messages. Still is this event documented. Any suggestions? Thank you Jo from DC.

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 12:44 PM

2 replies

Apr 15, 2014 11:35 AM in response to Klaus1

I have a powerbook retina with 10.9.2.

My apartment complex is signed up with an amature off label ISP that enters the apartments through Comcast Video Cable. I am concerned that as a result I am more vulnerable to attack.

Tme machine was mentioned for denying entry when the copy disk attempt was made.

I have in place all recommended steps such as firewall. I now have set up encripted email. Person is now targeting dropbox and msword.

I am reasonably sure that it is the work of one person with personal problems and who is also very computer savey. I don't want to do anything that would inflame the situation. My best approach is to be as computer.

One log reports that the "stealth" entry efforts have been going since 2013 when the log ends. Elsewhere I see that there are efforts to access dropbox and msword that are being thwarted.

Any defensive advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Message someone is trying to copy your disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.