Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot install the latest version of itunes as it instructed me to uninstall the version I had, which I did, but the "Apple mobile device support" will not uninstall. This has left me with no itunes . Help please

I cannot install the latest version of iTunes as it instructed me to uninstall the version I had, which I did, but the "Apple mobile device support" will not uninstall. This has left me with no iTunes and the new version will not install until I can uninstall all the old components. Help please

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 11:24 AM

5 replies

Apr 14, 2014 4:28 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks, that helped a lot. I have now uninstalled the Apple Mobile device support with the microfixit program, but still having problems installing itunes. keep getting error messages after I have installed it - 2 errors

first "Apple application support was not found" Apple application support is required to run iTunesHelper, please uninstall and install again. Error 2

Second "Apple application support was not found" Apple application support is required to run iTunes, please uninstall and install again. Error 2 (windows error 2)

I cannot install the latest version of itunes as it instructed me to uninstall the version I had, which I did, but the "Apple mobile device support" will not uninstall. This has left me with no itunes . Help please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.