Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hardware Problem with a MacBook Pro(2012)

Hello. I have a hardware problem with my Mac. Let me explain. I looked a bit 'of time that when I close the Mac is a bit' hard and feels as if he were struggling, in particular feels a little crack. What do you think can be done? The warranty has expired me, but I would not get my hands on him. According to me it is not normal and I would not be a manufacturing defect. thanks

P.S. Sorry for my english

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 12:35 PM

7 replies

Apr 18, 2014 2:59 AM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

This issue is not so recent, I've noticed almost a month ago, but I've taught that was normal, until I saw that a friend's Mac hadn't this problem.

Honestly, I care my stuff and I don't remember I've dropped the computer. I carry it on the shoulders, in my rucsac, in a cover. Do you think this might be the problem? Maybe I can show you on a pic where I hear mostly the "crack"(in the circle).

User uploaded file

Apr 18, 2014 3:04 AM in response to Cerro595

OK, that looks as if it's on the hinge. If you've not dropped the machine and you carry it in a protective sleeve in your rucksack, that shouldn't be an issue.

If I were you I would take the machine to your local Apple Store or an AASP and see if there's some way that they can, perhaps, tighten the hinge.

That's all I can think of!

Clinton

Hardware Problem with a MacBook Pro(2012)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.