Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PROBLEM WITH IPHONE 4S TO CONNECT TO APP STORE WITH A WI FI NETWORK

HI TECHIES....I'M HAVING AN IPHONE ...WHEN I USING INTERNET IN MY OFFICE I CANNOT CONNECT TO APPSTORE ...BUT I CAN ACCESS WEB , MAKE CHAT EVERYTHING.....PROBLEM IS WITH ONLY ONE PARTICULAR WI FI NETWORK IN OFFICE...NO PROBLEM WITH OTHER WI FI NETWORK IN OFFICE..NO SECURITY IMPLEMENTATION DONE IN MY OFFICE...BY THE WAY I'M THE I T OF MY OFFICE......I CAN ACCESS APPSTORE WITH OTHER WI FI NETWORKS ...PROBLEM IS ONLY WITH ..THIS PARTICULAR WI FI NETWORK..

FOR YOUR INFORMATION THIS WI FI IS CONFIGURED EXACTLY SAME AS THE OTHER WI FI NETWORKS.....SO DONT THINK ITS THE PROBLEM WITH NETWORK CONFIGURATION....ANY SETTINGS TO BE DONE IN PHONE???? PLEASE HELP TO SORT OUT THIS ISSUE........

THANKING ALL IN ADVANCE

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.5

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 1:07 PM

1 reply

Apr 16, 2014 7:29 AM in response to jebintom

Hello jebintom,

Thank you for the details of the issue you are experiencing with the App Store on your iPhone 4s when using the Wi-Fi network at work. I found a couple of resources that I think might help with this.

First, I recommend reviewing the section titled “Isolate the issue: (Mac OS X, Windows, iOS)” in the following article and specifically step 4 of that section:

4. iTunes uses well known ports and these ports may need to be opened for iTunes: 80, 443, 3689, 5297, 5298, 5353, 8000-8999, and 42000-42999.

iTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3297

I also recommend reviewing the following article for the recommend settings for Wi-Fi routers and access point:

iOS and OS X: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4199

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

PROBLEM WITH IPHONE 4S TO CONNECT TO APP STORE WITH A WI FI NETWORK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.