Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore backup thats not listed on itunes

I recently had to get a new iPhone 5c because the camera on my old one wasn't working. I am trying to restore my thigns from icloud, but it is not listen on my itunes, but when I look on my phone, there is a backup there. How can I restore this backup?

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 2:42 PM

"When you look on your iPhone, there is a backup there." Is this backup in iCloud? Is that where you are looking -- under Settings > iCloud?

If so, you can restore your iCloud backup as follows:

Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and settings

Then as part of the setup process, you will be asked if you would like to restore from your iCloud backup.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2014 2:42 PM in response to KhesJayy

"When you look on your iPhone, there is a backup there." Is this backup in iCloud? Is that where you are looking -- under Settings > iCloud?

If so, you can restore your iCloud backup as follows:

Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and settings

Then as part of the setup process, you will be asked if you would like to restore from your iCloud backup.

Apr 14, 2014 2:48 PM in response to Kappy

FYI:

Once an iPhone is setup/activated, as is the case with the OP's phone, you will not be able to restore a previous iPhone's backup to the device without first erasing the phone & going through the setup process again.

That is not covered in the support articles you have links for, & thus won't help OP's in this situation.

Restore backup thats not listed on itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.