Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homemade Apple Loops (w/Loops Utility) won't show up in Loop Browser

I just finished making a whole batch of homemade Apple Loops. Through Logic I opened up each audio file in the Apple Loops Utility, marked its tempo, marked "Looped" and then did the transients window to make sure it sounded good, then did "Save" or "Save All" from the Apple Loops Utility task tray.

I then dumped that folder full of custom loops into my loop browser for catalog'ing, but for some reason only about 10 of them show up when I click "All" to see all the loops in that folder.

So I re-opened the entire batch in Apple Loops Utility and made tiny changes to each loop's transients, just enough to trigger the dot next to the loop that means "you need to save these changes" - and I resaved the entire batch.

Tried the add-to-loop-browser process again, and again, only those initial 10 loops showed up in the browser again. The remaining 190 won't pop up.

I can't figure out what's missing or what I did wrong. Any ideas?

Kirby

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 2:57 PM

2 replies

Apr 15, 2014 12:25 PM in response to EastcoasterWestcoaster

I tried once again re-opening all of the loops in Apple Loop Utility and making slight adjustments, then resaving them, but to no avail: when I drop them into the loop browser, I can only see about 10 of the 200 loops I've created. Those 10 aren't any different than the other 190: they've all been processed and treated the same.

I'm in OS 10.8.5 and running Logic Pro 9.x.

Kirby

Apr 15, 2014 12:44 PM in response to EastcoasterWestcoaster

FIXED!

If you run into this same problem:

In order for your homemade loops to show up in Logic's Loop Browser, when in the Apple Loops Utility you need to select at least one "Descriptor" - if you don't, the loop won't appear in the browser. Even if you don't need a Descriptor, just batch-select all of your loops in the tray and then pick 1 Descriptor, resave, and re-drop into Apple's Loop Browser.

Kirby

Homemade Apple Loops (w/Loops Utility) won't show up in Loop Browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.