Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disable the passcode feature?

We have a few iPads for public use and have been running into the trouble of people setting a passcode and locking us out. We then have to restore the entire thing and it is becoming time-consuming. Is there a way to turn off this feature without setting a passcode of our own so that we have to unlock the iPads every time someone wants to use it?

I currently have almost all the Restrictions turned on, but nothing seems to affect someone going into Settings > Passcode.

Thank you for your time.

iPad 2, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 5:05 PM

10 replies

Apr 14, 2014 5:18 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

The iPads are for public use - mainly for kids to use kids apps that we've loaded on there. We are a walk-in office and the iPads are for kids to entertain themselves while the adults browse or speak with staff. We have about 20 kids apps on there currently.

I believe using Guided Access is only for 1 app?

Apr 14, 2014 5:31 PM in response to WWelcome

Yes, guided access would restrict the user to that one app at a time on the device.

I am totally unfamiliar with profiles on iOS devices, but there has to be a way to configure a profile on the devices that would prevent users from settings passcodes. If memory serves, demonstrator devices in retail stores do not have the setting to even enter a passcode on the store models, so there has to be a way to do this.

I know nothing about this but have you looked at Apple Configurator?

Mac App Store - Apple Configurator - iTunes

How do I disable the passcode feature?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.