Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two finger swipe in safari doesn't work

Hello! I was using safari fine all of today, and suddenly it seems like my two finger swipe (to go back and forth between pages on Safari) stopped working. It just sort of freezes the screen and I can't scroll up or down anymore. The only way I can use safari after that is to close and reopen, but the second I try swiping, it stops again. I'm attaching a screenshot of the problem, if you look to the left of the safari window, you can see how it's sort of almost going back to the previous page, but then it just freezes in this position and I can't do anything further. I've tried switching off and on the swipe feature and quitting Safari completely, but it doesn't seem to work.

It also seems to stop on google chrome. It doesn't actually freeze up, it just keeps rubber banding at that side.

User uploaded file

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 5:55 PM

There are reports that this problem can be solved by simply restarting, or by resetting the PRAM.

1 reply

Two finger swipe in safari doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.