Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook pro will not start up. I get the apple logo and the little start up waiting avitar. I tried everything including starting with my back up drive and nothing happens.

My macbook pro mid 2012 will not start up. I was running bitdefender and when I went to see if it was done, I had the apple logo and the loading (winding circle) on the screen. I can not get out of this. I used my back up external drive and it did nothing. It did light up.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 7:06 PM

4 replies

Apr 15, 2014 4:05 AM in response to samnleosgpa

samnleosgpa,

you may have faulty RAM. Are you able to boot into your MacBook Pro’s Apple Hardware Test (“AHT”)? If so, try running it to see if it can detect a problem. If you’re not able to run its AHT, and you’ve upgraded your MacBook Pro’s RAM before, try reïnstalling its original RAM and see if you can get past the “-6002F” error code. If you aren’t able to run its AHT, and you haven’t upgraded its RAM or you no longer have its original RAM, then I’d recommend that you make an appointment at your nearest Apple store to have them diagnose the problem.

My macbook pro will not start up. I get the apple logo and the little start up waiting avitar. I tried everything including starting with my back up drive and nothing happens.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.