Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Plug-in failure after installing Flash player.

Having terrible trouble getting Flash player to work in Safari 6.3.1 on OS X 10.7.5

It all started after installing a beta version of Firefox... that seems to break the plug-in. I've since deleted Firefox and still have Chrome installed... Flash works in Chrome (independent Flash player etc) but I just can't get it working in Safari.

I've followed the correct uninstall instructions, visited a site, followed the "You need to install Flash blah blah..." installed it and then get the "Thank you..." screen but then just get a plug-in error message immediately in the same window.

I've got the Flash Player preference in the System Prefs window, everything is set up correctly but it just doesn't work and it's driving me mad!

Please help... I like Safari! 😀 Don't make me switch to Chrome! ⚠

Thank you.

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 1:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 1:54 AM

Ok don't panic, I've sorted it now... after more investigation it turns out Adobe have bollocked up Flash Player 13.x on Macs of a certain age (2006 - 08 I think).

Find the uninstaller and then find a download for version 12.x and all is well in the world.

2 replies

Plug-in failure after installing Flash player.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.