Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Sync iPhone 4S iOS7.1 Calendar to Win 8.1 Outlook2013 via iTunes - help?

BACKGROUND & CONTEXT

Having just spent crazy money on a new Windows 8.1 laptop and Office 365 software, I learn only now from Microsoft that over the air sync of Outlook Calendar to iPhone Calendar is not supported. I was forced to get Win8.1 as Win XP was no longer supported and I have to have a Windows PC for work reasons. Previously, on my WinXP laptop I was successfully 2-way syncing Outlook 2007 via Google Calendar Sync to my iPhone Calendar. It worked like a dream (I was forced to use Google because the previous MobileME over the air calendar sync destroyed all my calendars - wiped them clean - a business disaster for me - so I will avoid Apples iCloud sync on calendars now for the same reason).

I read all over the www that you cannot sync Outlook 2013 (windows) via Google Calendar because Google has withdrawn their free Google Calendar Sync service for new PC's. I read people trying workarounds but most seems to fail and create other issues, which I do not want.I need a clean reliable solution - just a 2-way sync between my i{Phone Calendar and my Win8.1 Outlook 2013 calendar. I am realsing that the war between Apple, MS and Google has left me disadvantaged as a customer fo all three and I am frankly angry at all three of them, but that's not what I am here to get help on.

I am an iTunes user but not on WIndows - I have a separate MacBook Pro which I sync the iPhone with only for music/videos. I do not want to use the MacBook Pro for business or calendars.

QUESTIONS

Is the only reliable solution for me to use Itunes on my PC and sync iPhone calendar to Win8.1 Outlook calendar via USB cable?

If it is the only solution - how do I set up a new installation of iTunes on my new Win8.1 laptop so I can ONLY sync the calendar with the iPhone when connected by cable and NOT all my music/vidos ( I want them to remain on the MacBook Pro, and in any case - my new Win8.1 laptop has only a small SSD which I need for work document storage)?

Many thanks in advance for help with my problem.

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 4:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 9:27 AM

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1386

4 replies

Apr 28, 2014 4:35 AM in response to AmishCake

Thanks. Good to see the standard Apple support pages. I will refer to them if I can confirm the answer to my question about compatbility of Outlook 2013 in this Sync process, i.e. whether or not Outlook 2013 (Win 8.1) is supported on USB or wifi sync via itunes.They list Outlook 2010 but the absence of a listing for 2013 suggest it is not supported. Does anyone out there know if Outlook 2013 (PC) works in calendar sync with iTunes?

Also. I seem to remember that the first time you cable an iPhone to a new installation of iTunes on a new PC.... that it goes into automatic syncing of your iTunes Account (previously held and used on other computers) - and I most definately do not want this to happen. I need full control of manually determining what I manually sync on first hook-up. How can I get thois control please??

How to Sync iPhone 4S iOS7.1 Calendar to Win 8.1 Outlook2013 via iTunes - help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.