Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downgrading iMovie 10 to 9 but deleted both from Apps.

Hi, I use iMovie 10 quite uncommonly so I decided to delete it since it was taking a lot of space on my laptop. I deleted iMovie 9 as well which was still saved on my Applications folder after the update. Now I need to use it (stupid) but I wanted to download iMovie 9 instead of 10. I downloaded iMovie 9 from the internet but when I try to install it it says that I have to already own a verson. I redownloaded iMovie 10 from the App store and now that I try to install iMovie 9, it just says that a newer version is already installed which disables me to install it. Is there a way to get iMovie 9 back with this problem? Thanks

iMovie '11

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 4:03 AM

1 reply

Apr 15, 2014 8:01 AM in response to Smoshiee

iMovie 9 is not longer available from Apple. You should always have backup copies to your software as it is not guaranteed to always be available for redownload. iMovie 9 has been superceded by 10 and the Mac App Store always sells the newest version.

You may be able to find an old DVD version of iLife through the internet with iMovie 9.

Downgrading iMovie 10 to 9 but deleted both from Apps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.