Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch cutting songs together

Today, listening to my iPod, I noticed that while playing a song, about ten seconds from the end of the song, it would skip to the next song in my playlist and begin to play that, yet still display the song I was originally listening to. I checked the settings, and I don't have crossfade enabled, and turning crossfade on and off (and the iPod touch itself on and off) hasn't done anything. Anybody know what is going on? My warrenty is long expired, so Apple won't likely do anything to help me out, so I'm hoping you guys have some ideas.

iPod touch (3rd generation), iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 5:17 AM

1 reply

Apr 15, 2014 6:58 AM in response to Kusho

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

iPod touch cutting songs together

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.